Current Research Projects
Attention Modeling and Tracking
- Shared attention modeling
- Attention tracking in 3D imagery
- Modeling the task dependence of attention
- Modeling attention in viewing cellphone displays
- Increasing information transfer in cellphones by linking perception and action
- Applying attention tracking to modulating video game difficulty.
- Studying the link between microsaccades and visual attention.
Analysis of Cinematic Imagery
- Detection of defects in stereo imagery for 3D cinema
- Detecting stereo window violations.
- Detecting and correcting stereo mismatches due to specularities.
Spectral Modeling and Color Vision
- Optimizing color displays at low light levels.
- Color denoising.
- Color appearance models for mesopic conditions.
- Color perception as spectral modeling.
- Maximum entropy spectral modeling.
- Spectral models for underwater color imaging.
- Integrating multiple views from a nonuniform color sensor.
Augmented Reality and Video Surveillance
- Statistical methods for gender classification and head pose estimation.
- Integration of multiple views using virtual mirroring.
- Detection of anomalies based on comparison to stored exemplars.
- Multiple camera implementation of person detection.
- FPGA hardware implementation of person detection.
- Unsupervised online learning technique for moving person detection.
- Hidden-Markov-Model approach to detecting anomalous person trajectories.
Sensorimotor Theories of Perception
- Sensorimotor theories of color perception.
- Perceptual stability and the learning of invariance.
- Entropy of spatio-temporal surrounds and intensity perception.
- Eye movements and the perception of space.