Next: Overview of CIM
Previous: Conferences Attended and Visits
- January 1999, The McGill Reporter featured Professor Jeremy Cooperstock,
``Putting Technology in it's Place''.
- April 25, 1999, The Montreal Gazette featured Professor Gregory Dudek in
an article on robots: ``In Reality, Robots are Still Dunces''.
- On February 17, 1999, at The Study School Science Fair, 3233 The
Boulevard, Westmount, the following CIMites acted as judges: Gilbert Soucy,
Tal Arbel, Richard Unger, Eric Bourque, Alain Domerq, Diana Hernandez.
- Discovery Channel (Cable 37) visited the Centre on September 16th to meet
with several members of CIM and film many of our robots in action. Cameras
were set up in the various labs and interviews were conducted throughout
the course of the day. Under the bright lights, Professors Levine, Hayward,
Buehler and Dudek, and students from the ARL, MRL, and Haptic Lab answered
questions relating generally to robotics in space, orbital medicine, space
stress and art in space. The episode, called ``Robots in Space'' was aired in March 1999.
- The CIM logo will hang on the wall of the next Space Shuttle as it takes
off with our Astronaut Julie Payette on May 27, 1999.
McGill Centre for Intelligent Machines (CIM)
Mon Jun 26 21:22:20 GMT 2000